This presentation is for those curious about veganism or new to veganism, as well as for seasoned vegans who want to learn more.
The talk is designed to influence non-vegans to give it a shot, to strengthen the ethical resolve of health-motivated vegans, to bring vegetarians to ethical veganism, and to provide a broad overview of veganism to the curious.
The presentation covers:
- A working definition of veganism and the implications of that definition
- A brief history of humankind’s concern for animals
- The simple argument for veganism from an ethical perspective
- How our food choices impact the planet
- The revolution that’s happening in plant-based health and nutrition
- The tragic consequences of animal agriculture on human impoverishment
- The rising popularity of the vegan movement
A question-and-answer session will follow.