The focus for new articles in the near-term will be foundational articles that need to be written to fully realize the site's new mission of being an encyclopedic resource. The needed articles are shown in the left column, while the articles already completed in each area are shown in the right column. The completed articles in the right column can serve as a model for how similar articles are structured and treated.
Table of Foundational Articles
|Beginner Articles Needed
||Beginner Articles Completed
|In Reply To Articles Needed
||In Reply To Articles Completed
- In reply to: More small animals are killed in plant farming than are killed by us eating them.
- In reply to: Our brains evolved from eating animals.
- In reply to: I am only one person; I cannot make a difference.
- In reply to: It's OK to eat animals that have been treated well; I only eat certified humane, pasture-raised, cage-free, free-range products.
- In reply to: Humans are natural omnivores; we digest meat, have canine teeth, and have front-facing eyes.
- In reply to: God gave us dominion over animals and put them here for us to eat, and the Bible condones eating them.
- In reply to: With all the problems in the world, we should spend our time helping humans first, then animals.
- In reply to: There are no true vegans. Animal products are in car tires and everywhere.
- In reply to: Don't force your values on me; what I eat is a personal choice.
- In reply to: We need animal products to be healthy.
- In reply to: Plants are sentient and have feelings too.
- In reply to: Protein is a problem for vegans.
- In reply to: Veganism would devastate the economy and cause massive unemployment.
- In reply to: Humans have souls; animals don’t.
- In reply to: I can't afford to be vegan; it's too expensive.
- In reply to: Eating animals is natural; animals eat animals, it is part of the circle of life, and we are apex predators on top of the food chain.
- In reply to: B12 is a problem for vegans, so a vegan diet is not natural.
- In reply to: If we all go vegan, farm animals will either overrun the world or become extinct.
- In reply to: A vegan diet is not for everyone; it made me sick.
- In reply to: Eating animal products is our tradition; it's been a part of our culture and a way of living for hundreds of years.
- In reply to: We give farmed animals their lives, protect them, and give their lives meaning, for which they should be grateful.
|Animal Articles Needed
||Animal Articles Completed
- (Other Animals)
- Wild Animal Extermination (for Livestock)
|Product Articles Needed
||Product Articles Completed
- Humane Labeling
|Usage Articles Needed
||Usage Articles Completed
- Horse Racing
- Circuses— Draft
|Health and Nutrition Articles Needed
||Health and Nutrition Articles Completed
- Vegan Diets— Assignment
- Vegan Athletes
- Research-Study Integrity
- Heart Disease
- (Several Others)
- Eggs (Nutrition)
- Dairy (Nutrition)
- Meat (Nutrition)
- None (except those In reply to)
|Environment Articles Needed
||Environment Articles Completed
- Animal Agriculture and the Environment
- Global Warming
- Species Extinction
- Fish Depletion
- Water Pollution
- Water Wastage
- Ocean Dead Zones
- Land Use
|Animal Rights Articles Needed
||Animal Rights Articles Completed
- Animal Rights— Draft
- Name the Trait
- Tom Regan
- Peter Singer
- Companion Animal Ethics
|Advocacy and Outreach Articles Needed
||Advocacy and Outreach Articles Completed
- Using the JFA Wiki for Advocacy and Outreach
- Tips for Effective Advocacy and Outreach
|Social Justice Articles Needed
||Social Justice Articles Completed
- Starvation and Impoverishment
- Veganism as a Social Justice Issue
- Slaughterhouse and Animal Agriculture Workplace Issues
Study and Investigation Summaries
A special type of article is worth mentioning here. Major research studies and investigations can be treated within the framework of veganism and animal rights, and summarized in an article. This includes studies and investigations that are not in agreement with our views, and that we may wish to challenge. Currently, we only have one such summary: Oxford Study: Reducing foods environmental impacts through producers and consumers (2018).
The following list is only meant to serve as a mishmash of examples of the kinds of more general articles we may pursue after the foundational articles are completed.
- Kapparot (Event)
- Evidence in Research
- Meat Analogues
- Pet Breeding
- Keto Diet
- Blackfish (Movie)
- George Bernard Shaw